Your Joomla dev-ops, ci & cd toolbox
This talk will provide a gourmet buffet of information and ideas for dev-ops, continuous integration and continuous deployment. It'll include a good spread of practical details on tools and systems, and their use with Joomla, that you can take home and try with your Joomla development and deployment. It'll include, among other aspects...
- Deployment automation
- Using Joomla docker containers
- Automated deployment with Akeeba UNiTE
- Scripting options and choosing between node.js, shell and php
- Headless browser options like Casper, PhantomJS and Zombie.js
- CI platform options, like GitLab, Bamboo, Travis, Jenkins and GoCD
- Simple monitoring solutions
- Diagnostic tools
The talk will be supported by a repository of examples code and notes in GitHub.
I'm a web developer with 20 years experience, based in Aberdeen in Scotland, having lived in London, Edinburgh, Sydney, and Glasgow before that. My Joomla journey started with Mambo, through developing web sites, systems, shops, cbt platforms and middleware, and now mainly Joomla based mobile App & API systems. When I'm not writing code I'm mainly doing family stuff with my kids, and hacking hardware when they've gone to bed.