Travelling in Europe is relatively easy particularly if the country is part of the Schengen Area, which Germany is. Within this area you will not find borders between countries and people can move from one country to another easily.

The problem for some people is entering the Schengen Area and depending on your Nationality the process and the documents you require are different.

If you are a citizen of one of the following countries then you need only a valid passport to enter the Schengen Area:

Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Austria, Australia (including the Cocos Islands,Norfolk Island, Christmas Island), Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France (including French Guyane, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, New Caledonia, Réunion, St Pierre and Miquelon), Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea (South), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand (including the Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau), Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saint Christopher and Nevis, San Mari, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain  (including Spanish territories in North Africa with Ceuta and Melilla),  Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America (including Virgin Islands of the United States, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico), Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela

Citizens of all other countries will also require a visa.

All the information here is from government sites and may change so please double check if you need a visa or not.

If you require a visa

If you are a citizen of a country not listed above then you will require a Schengen visa.  This is applied for at the Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen country where you will be spending the most nights on your trip to the Schengen area. If you are only visiting one country on your trip then you apply for your visa at the Consulate of this Schengen country.

Please do not leave it to the last minute as previously some J and Beyond attendees have had difficulties getting their Visa in time.

To complete the visa application you may require an "invitation" which we will provide for you. Please send us an Email with your request and the following information:

  • First and last name
  • Birthday
  • Passport number
  • Nationality

We also recommend this Website for more information about visas and traveling in the Schengen Area.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask our team.